Results and race report from day two of the 2019 Hixpania Hard Enduro, Alfredo Gomez edges his Husqvarna team-mates to take the victory.
Husqvarna’s Alfredo Gomez extended his lead at Spain’s Hixpania Hard Enduro, round four of the World Enduro Super Series, with victory on day two in the Campoo X-Treme race.
The second day of racing at Hixpania Hard Enduro 2019, saw a Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing one-two-three results at the finish of the three-lap Cross-Country course as Gomez was followed home by his team-mates Graham Jarvis and Billy Bolt respectively.
Hixpania Hard Enduro day two saw the 350 competitors compete a challenging 50-kilometre loop, with pro riders completing three energy-sapping laps.
Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s Josep Garcia grabbed the holeshot off the start at 9:05am with a wealth of riders chasing him down, Jarvis took over the race lead halfway around lap one.
Gomez, Bolt, Manuel Lettenbichler, Jonny Walker and Garcia were all in touch before the Husqvarna trio pulled away from the chasing pack on lap two.
Taking over the race lead early on lap two, Gomez worked hard to break away from Jarvis. Finding a little more pace, the Spaniard charged on to remain unbeaten so far in this year’s Hixpania Hard Enduro and take a six-point lead into Sunday’s final day of racing.
Erzberg winner Jarvis didn’t have an answer for Gomez in the closing stages and had to settle for the runner-up result – finishing 26 seconds behind after almost five-hours of racing. Billy Bolt showed he’s returning to form finishing in third, two minutes behind.
Unable to match the pace set by the top three during the latter stages of the race, 2018 Hixpania Hard Enduro winner Mario Roman ended the day in fourth. Sitting four points behind Jarvis in the provisional standings, the podium is not out of reach for Mario with a strong ride tomorrow.
Admitting to making a couple of mistakes early on, Lettenbichler began to find his speed after lap one and fought his way back to fifth ahead of Walker and Taddy Blazusiak.
Results - Hixpania Hard Enduro, Saturday Campoo X-Treme race:
- Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna - ESP) 4:40:48.790
- Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna - GB) 4:41.14.980
- Billy Bolt (Husqvarna - GB) 4:43:34.070
- Mario Roman (Sherco - ESP) 4:45:31.614
- Manuel Lettenbichler (KTM - GER) 4:49:34.667
- Jonny Walker (KTM - GB) 4:59:04.432
- Taddy Blazusiak (KTM - POL) 5:00:38.306
- Josep Garcia (KTM - ESP) 5:02:26.673
- Pol Tarres (Husqvarna - ESP) 5:10:52.436
- David Cyprian (KTM - CZ) 5:29:01.991
Hixpania overall standings (after day 2):
- Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna - ESP) 28pts
- Billy Bolt (Husqvarna - GB) 22pts
- Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna - GB) 22pts
- Mario Roman (Sherco - ESP) 18pts
- Manuel Lettenbichler (KTM - GER) 16pts
- Jonny Walker (KTM - GB) 16pts
- Taddy Blazusiak (KTM - POL) 14pts
- Josep Garcia (KTM - ESP) 13pts
- Pol Tarres (Husqvarna - ESP) 12pts
- David Cyprian (KTM - CZ) 11pts…
(For full results click here…)
Round four of WESS at the Hixpania Hard Enduro concludes with Sunday’s MITAS El Camino Perdido.Photo credit: Future7Media Jon PearsonEnduro21 Editor and Bike Testerjon.email@example.com