Finnish Enduro Championship, Rd1
KTM mounted Antti Hellsten delivered a winning result at the opening round of the snow covered Finnish Enduro Championship in Kangasala.
Moving to KTM for the 2013, but opting to only focus on the Finnish national championships, Hellsten proved he will be a force to be reckoned with this season with a solid performance at round one. Featuring strongly on his debut ride with TM, Eero Remes ended his day as runner up to Hellsten. Aleksi Jukola (KTM) completed the top three.
British Extreme Enduro Championship, Rd2
Honda’s David Knight led home a world-class line up of hard enduro riders to win the second and final round of the British Extreme Enduro Championship in Cowm Quarry, England.
Featuring strongly but unable to match the pace of the top three, KTM’s Paul Bolton was fourth while Beta’s Ben Hemingway held off a race long battle with Gas Gas’ Danny McCanney to round out the top five.
Results – British Extreme Enduro Championship, Rd2
1. David Knight (Honda) 16 laps; 2. Graham Jarvis (Husaberg) 16 laps; 3. Jonny Walker (KTM) 15 laps; 4. Paul Bolton (KTM) 15 laps; 5. Ben Hemingway (Beta) 15 laps; 6. Danny McCanney (Gas Gas) 15 laps; 7. James Dabill (Beta) 14 laps; 8. Dan Hemingway (Beta) 13 laps; 9. Gary Daniels (KTM) 13 laps; 10. Alex Wigg (Gas Gas) 13 laps…
ONK Dutch Enduro Championship, Rd2
Husaberg’s Hans Vogels continued his 2013 winning form by securing the overall win at round two of the ONK Dutch Enduro Championship in Eindhoven.
Less than one month after the snowy season opener in Enter, the defending champion Vogels again proved to be the rider to beat in the series by taking another win.
With four laps of the 50km long course that included two special tests per lap to complete, Vogels set a solid pace. However, looking all but assured of the win, the Husaberg rider made a costly mistake in the final test of the day. Forced to push hard to make up for the lost time, Vogels narrowly clinched the overall win by five seconds from Amel Adokaat (KTM). Placing over one-minute behind them, KTM’s Mark Wassink completed the top three.
Results - ONK Dutch Enduro Championship, Rd2
1. Lucas Dolfing 57:25.69; 2. Ismo ten Velde 58:03.02; 3. Bass Klein Haneveld 69:37.39; 4. Rendo Boersma 1:01:31.28
1. Hans Vogels 55:39.39; 2. Robin Nijkamp 57:18.08; 3. Sascha Meyhoff 58:02.25; 4. Mike Bouwmeester 1:00:23.04; 5. Stefan Hage 1:00:36.55…
1. Amel Adokaat 55:44.51; 2. Mark Wassink 56:56.34; 3. Wesley Pittens 57:28.60; 4. Erwin Plekkenpol 57:28.91; 5. Alex van den Broek 57:55.14…
South African Enduro Championship, Rd1
Husaberg’s Wade Young delivered an impressive result in the opening round of the South African Enduro Championship to claim the win.
Young, 16, who grabbed the media spotlight last November by winning the Roof of Africa Hard Enduro, claimed his first victory of the new season by winning the Liquorland Baynesfield WFO Enduro race on Saturday, February 23 in the Baynesfield area south of Pietermaritzburg in KwaZulu-Natal.
Young, racing for team Husaberg Alfie Cox, posted consistent fast times on the six timed special stages and won stage four to also top the Enduro 2. KTM’s Nicholas Pienaar (KTM) finished second overall behind Young to win the Enduro 1 category. Scott Bouverie (KTM) completed the top three.
Results – South African Enduro Championship, Rd1
1. Wade Young (Husaberg); 2. Nicholas Pienaar (KTM); 3. Scott Bouverie (KTM); 4. Kenny Gilbert (Yamaha); 5. Marc Torlage (Yamaha)…
Swedish Enduro Championship, Rd1
Gas Gas’ Pontus Hogberg kicked off his season in style with victory at the opening round of the Swedish Enduro Championship in Faltjagarna.
Topping the overall standings by just one-minute after two hours of special test racing, Hogberg led home the 130-plus field of riders. Husaberg’s Mikael Persson narrowly beat his teammate Johan Edlund by three seconds to claim the runner-up position. Lars Lofgren (Husaberg) and Jonas Karlsson (KTM) completed the top five.
Results – Swedish Enduro Championship, Rd1
1. Pontus Hogberg (Gas Gas) 2:01:37.47; 2. Mikael Persson (Husaberg) 2:02:42.29; 3. Johan Edlund (Husaberg) 2:02:45.58; 4. Lars Lofgren (Husaberg) 2:05:45.58; 5. Jonas Karlsson (KTM) 2:06:02.50…