Yamaha will release factory replicas of their WR450F and WR250 EnduroGP World Championship machines in August.
The production bikes take inspiration from Yamaha’s Outsiders Yamaha Official Enduro Team bikes ridden by Loic Larrieu and Jamie McCanney in this year’s EnduroGP.
The bikes will come equipped with an Akrapovic silencer, ECU mapping upgrades, team graphics and Acerbis handguards.
We must highlight that the PR does note however that the bikes are aimed towards close circuit enduro, which reads non-road legal and ultimately use only in cross-country style events.
If true, that’s far from ideal for timecard enduro events and Yamaha’s legion of trail riding consumers.
Here’s the official PR from Yamaha…
In August 2017 Yamaha will introduce two limited edition enduro models to complement the company's current off road competition line up.
These specially developed enduro race bikes are inspired by the Outsiders Yamaha Official Enduro Team factory machine that took Loïc Larrieu to 3rd overall in the 2016 E2 World Enduro Championship, and secured an EnduroGP class victory at the 2017 EnduroGP of Italy.
Based on Yamaha's WRF production bikes, the new WR450F EnduroGP & WR250F EnduroGP come with a range of exclusive features as standard, and are aimed at closed circuit enduro riders who are looking for added performance, style and exclusivity.
Manufactured from lightweight titanium alloy, the Akrapovič slip-on muffler enhances the engine character and gives both of these new EnduroGP models a deep and gutsy exhaust sound.
The ECU mapping has also been modified to optimise the engine performance with the Akrapovič fitted - and Yamaha also offer the optional Power Tuner that enables riders to fine-tune their WR450F EnduroGP & WR250F EnduroGP at the trackside. This easy to use plug-in device enables riders to adjust ignition and fuelling mapping to suit different track and weather conditions.
The WR450F & WR250F EnduroGP models are also fitted with Outsiders Yamaha Official Enduro Team inspired factory graphics on the shrouds, fenders, sidepanels, front plate, swingarm and forks. These high quality graphics give added scratch protection, and the iconic blue/black/white design underlines the exclusive factory bike look of these special edition enduro models.
For added protection from flying debris kicked up by other bikes, these EnduroGP bikes benefit from Acerbis Tri-fit handguards whose multi-function design means that they can be used in open or closed 'wraparound' positions.
These exclusive features build on the race-proven strengths of the standard models, and give every rider the opportunity to own and race an exclusive factory-style enduro bike that is ready to power into the victory zone!
WR450F EnduroGP & WR250F EnduroGP highlights
- Limited Edition enduro race bikes
- Inspired by Loïc Larrieu's Outsiders Yamaha Official Enduro Team EnduroGP bike
- Aimed at closed circuit enduro riders who are looking for added performance, style and exclusivity
- Lightweight titanium Akrapovič slip-on muffler
- High quality factory-style anti-scratch graphics
- Optimized ECU mapping
- Acerbis Tri-fit multi-function blue handguards
- High-efficiency reverse head fuel injected engine
- Compact and agile aluminium bilateral beam frame
- Mass centralised design for agile handling
- Class leading AOS front forks
- Monocross link-type rear suspension
- Switchless electric start
- Wide ratio transmission and enduro clutch
- Top mounted airbox with quickly removable air filter
- Optional Power Tuner for adjustable mapping
The WR450F EnduroGP and WR250F EnduroGP will be available at Yamaha dealers in August 2017.